[Wine] Re: "Not enough memory" on MacOSX

brendandm wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Jul 24 20:49:34 CDT 2010

Hi, Now I am using wine 1.2 and the behaviour is the same.  The program I'm trying to run is a console application (sorry if that wasn't clear) so I am running it from the command line.  The very first attempt after installing wine 1.2 looks like this:

Code:
% wine Z1E.exe
fixme:keyboard:X11DRV_ActivateKeyboardLayout 0xc090c09, 0000: semi-stub!
fixme:keyboard:X11DRV_ActivateKeyboardLayout 0xc090c09, 0000: semi-stub!
fixme:keyboard:X11DRV_ActivateKeyboardLayout 0xc090c09, 0000: semi-stub!
fixme:system:SetProcessDPIAware stub!
fixme:dwmapi:DwmIsCompositionEnabled 0x33c6f4
fixme:iphlpapi:NotifyAddrChange (Handle 0xa6ef518, overlapped 0xa6ef520): stub
wine: configuration in '/Users/bdm/.wine' has been updated.
wine: Not enough memory

After that it makes only the line

Code:
wine: Not enough memory

I also tried starting CMD.EXE with wine, then executing the program from that; the result is

Code:
wine: Not enough memory
File not found

Here is how the unix "file" command describes the executable:

Code:
PE32 executable for MS Windows (console) Intel 80386 32-bit

If I try instead "wine start Z1E" I get more output, perhaps a clue:

Code:
fixme:exec:SHELL_execute flags ignored: 0x00000100
wine: Not enough memory
wine: Not enough memory
Application could not be started, or no application associated with the specified file.
ShellExecuteEx failed: Not enough memory

In case that is not enough, I ran "wine start Z1E" with the environment variable WINEDEBUG set to "all".  It make 341164 lines of output which I put here: http://cs.anu.edu.au/~bdm/ZIE.log.gz

Thanks muchly.  Brendan.

James McKenzie wrote:
> brendandm wrote:
>
> > I just installed wine 1.2-rc7 on a recent Macbook Pro under MacOSX 10.6.4 using Macports.  It works fine with several Windows applications.  However, when I try to execute an EXE file compiled from a simple Fortran program on a Windows box, all I get is:
> >
> > wine: Not enough memory
> >
> > The message is not correct since I have 4GB and the program is small.  Also, the program works with wine-1.0.1 on a Linux box (Ubuntu 8.something).
> > The problem only does basic terminal and file i/o, nothing graphical.
> >

> Interesting.
>
> Can you run the program from the terminal and collect a logging file per:
>
> http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#get_log
>
> The terminal program is accessable from the Applications -> Utilities
> folder.
>
> Also, can you try upgrading to Wine 1.2, if available from MacPorts?
>
> James McKenzie

Code: