[Wine] Anno 1503 issue

linux-ka wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Jul 25 12:24:02 CDT 2010

Hi folks,

I've got a problem regarding the flawless gaming of Anno 1503.
I use wine version 1.2 and the current winetricks (OS = archlinux).

It is not possible to install it from original cd/dvd because of the missing data3.cab. This data is not stored on any of the both cd. But the game demands for it. I tried several times to reconfigure wine, but it doesn't help. Thus, I took the preinstalled version I stored on a windows partition. But make it run is quit a hard nutshell. Using openGL graphic (winetricks) and running it via wine "anno.exe" -doublebuffer gives at least a startup screen and the menu. I even may start a game. But it runs slowly and it lags terribly.

The game is actually not the newest one, hence it should be possible to run it without any flaw. But could anyone help me? It would be kind of you helping me to create a new world.

Best regards,

linux-ka