[Wine] Re: Sysinternals autorunsc.exe

vitamin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Jul 26 23:00:12 CDT 2010

freagan wrote:
> This app parses an "offline" copy of a Windows Registry File so, in theory, at least for reading registry entries it shouldn't be a problem running it with Wine.

You wrong. Only kernel can load binary hives (windows' registry files). I'm sure this new tool wants to install some kernel drivers to get direct access to registry without actually letting windows do anything with it.

In either case Wine doesn't support any sophisticated kernel drivers. Nor can Wine read Window's binary registry files.