[Wine] Problem with text entry fields (Mac OS X Snow leopard)

James Mckenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 27 09:44:36 CDT 2010

monochromevision <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
>Sent: Jul 27, 2010 2:50 AM
>To: wine-users at winehq.org
>Subject: [Wine] Re: Problem with text entry fields (Mac OS X Snow leopard)
>
>Yes, manually it worked as you say. In xterm console, I see the message that Wine cannot find the FreeType font
>library. To install that, I need to install macports etc. But I think the solution may be somewhere else, because
>even with the newest versions of Xquartz and Wine it's still the same problem. When I tried also to use Crossover,
>there are the same bugs in win programs.

I get that, even with a package that I'm working with.  That is because the dynamic library path has to be set to point to the location where the Freetype libraries are located.

However, I've seen where fuctionality provided by the Richedit program that is lacking in Wine has caused the inability to put information into Text fields.

Has anyone recommended using winetricks riched20 or winetricks riched30 and then trying to run your program again?

James McKenzie