[Wine] Attempting to bypass .net check/use mono

bryteise wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Jul 27 19:14:04 CDT 2010

I am trying to use the mono26 install from winetricks in order to run an installer that fails to find:

C:\\windows\\Microsoft.NET\\Framework\\v2.0.50727\\mscorsvw.exe

even though I have both that 2.0 and the 3.0 framework in my .wine/ folder.  Once it fails to find that file it starts to run a 3.5 framework installer that wine doesn't quite have working yet.

Does anybody have any advice on getting the mono install to be used in place of .net for the installer check?