[Wine] Re: Monkey Island 2: Special Edition from Steam

DaVince wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Jul 28 09:08:25 CDT 2010

dimesio wrote:

> DaVince wrote:
> > I can confirm this but actually have not reported it because a new sound system for Wine is in the works, and I'm waiting for that.
>
> The new sound system is not something that is going to be dropped in all at once. Changes are incremental, because that makes it easier to find and fix bugs. So it's important to report bugs when you find them.

Oh, I didn't know that, because I didn't think it was possible that way (since something like the DIB engine did need to be dropped in at once, I assumed it went the same with this). I'll follow the instructions in your link too and see/report what happens, if edmicman hasn't reported the same thing already at that point.