[Wine] StarCraft 2: how to force it to run faster?

lord.didger wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Jul 28 16:06:00 CDT 2010

I've seen that people are complaining of poor FPS in the game, so do I. i've checked these sites:
http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=19376
http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=20882

I tried to follow some instructions but did't manage to improve my graphics. Actually I'm lost in the woods. I suppose I haven't understood all suggestions.

My question is: if we do expect d3d to slow down the game, how we would improve it? Can I use winetrics to do it? There are some d3d, which should I choose? Has anyone tried it?

Is there any reliable method to improve graphics?

BTW. what is this Variables.txt file mentioned in links above? I haven't found any like this in StarCraft directories.

My wine is 1.1.42 from lamaresh, distribution debian squeeze. I've got latest nvidia drivers from nvidia.com.