[Wine] Re: [1.2]StarCraft 2 - Very Slow On Good Computer?

doh123 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Jul 29 11:20:16 CDT 2010

JeZ-l-Lee wrote:
> On 07/28/2010 08:59 PM, doh123 wrote:
>
> > JeZ-l-Lee wrote:
> >
> > > [1.2]StarCraft 2 - Very Slow On Good Computer?
> > >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Using Wine 1.2 Final on Ubuntu 10.04 32bit.
> > > When running game "StarCraft 2", the game is very slow?
> > >
> > > My specs are as follows:
> > > O.S.: Ubuntu 10.04 32bit
> > > CPU: Intel Core2Quad 2.4GHz 4 core CPU
> > > RAM: 4GB DDR2
> > > Graphics Card: nVidia GeForce 8400GS
> > > (nVidia 195.36.24 graphic driver)
> > > Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster Audigy SE
> > >
> > > Any ideas?
> > > Thanks
> > >
> > > Jesse
> > >

> > where's the good computer?  I wouldn't expect much out of a 8400GS and a game as new as Star Craft 2
> >

> Hi,
>
> Don't be so quick to blame my computer.
> F.E.A.R. 2 runs 60 FPS in a 1024x768 window with settings on medium.
> I expect the same with StarCraft 2.
>
> JeZ+Lee

run it at the lowest rez possible with all low settings then.

the bare min nvidia card they list for running in Windows is a 6600GT.  a 8400GS actually benchmarks slower than one of those, which means you really are at, or not quite at minimum system requirements... its going to be slightly slower with Wine anyways...