[Wine] Wine crash wien diferent games, desont even start

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Sat Jul 31 20:35:27 CDT 2010

Rold wrote:
> when I run it wih SUDO nothings happends, it says that its not root account that is it rold user account.
>
> In a clean wineprefix, what do you mean?

[code]
sudo rm /home/roid/.wine
[/code]

If it is NOT possible to remove this file or sudo does NOT run, then AND
ONLY then:

[code]
su -
<Enter root password>
cd /home/roid
rm -rf .wine/
exit

[/code]

Then create a NEW Wine prefix:

[code]

wine notepad.

[/code]

This should start and run Wine's notepad application and create a new
.wine in the user roid home directory.

Then try installing the program using wine.  It should install to
/home/roid/.wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/<directory program installs to>

YOU SHOULD NOT BE INSTALLING TO THE DESKTOP.

There may or may not be two files created when you install a Windows
program:  <program name>.lnk and <program name>.desktop

James McKenzie