[Wine] Winsock Error 10013 for a noob!

Master001 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Jun 4 12:46:26 CDT 2010

Sorry, Im a recent convert to Linux. I have a need to run a windows program under Linux, and have been able to muttle my way through install using wine and modifiying the permissions, However when I attempt to run this program it fires up a network connection then gives me an error that looks like this

WinSock error 10013: Permission denied
on Create() in RLConnectTo()

The program I am using requires access to a network IP address, I can tell you this I can surf the web it works fine, I can even map to the network address its supposed to connect to, it even resolved the DNS name that was used when the program was installed IE CPSIPROD converted to 172.31.176.XXX, the /etc/hosts file shows 127.0.0.1     Localhost  and second line of "127.0.1.1    cpc116"  (name of PC)

I tried to modify the second line to reflect 127.0.0.1  and even tried to change it to the current IP address of the machine, in all cases the internet works but the program refuses to connect to the Winsock...

PLEASE help a noob out..
I am willing to provide any and all information needed, as long you can tell me the exact command line structure required to provide your needed info as I am that new to this.!

Thanks
Bill