[Wine] Error WK1129 - WIBU-KEY kernel driver needs client version

Gert van den Berg wine-users at mohag.net
Fri Jun 4 16:49:58 CDT 2010

On Fri, Jun 4, 2010 at 23:28, annacegu <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just contacted the manufacturer and apparently I need to install a windows kernel driver, which is impossible with wine. Is this true? Or is there a way I can use this driver?

Wine doesn't do drivers.... It is possible to get some USB devices
working with some patches...

http://wiki.winehq.org/USB

If a Linux driver exists for the device, Wine might try to wrap it to
allow Windows applications to use it... (Printers and scanners is an
example)

Short version: It won't work

Long version: With patience, USB device might work, devices that work
under Linux might be possible to get working by convincing a developer
to rite a wrapper / by writing one yourself...

Gert