[Wine] Problem Installing Latest WINE in Backtrack 4

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Fri Jun 4 22:50:46 CDT 2010

RaistlinM531 wrote:
> There is no set timetable. It will be released when Alexandre Julliard decides it's ready.[/quote]
>
> Well, I mean, not to state the obvious, but, obv. :) I thought from my question it was clear that I knew that there was no release date per se, I was just hoping to get a general feel. I.E., a month, six months, perpetual RC state, etc. My apologies if that wasn't clear!

Again, I will repeat, Wine 1.2 will be released when AJ feels it is
ready for release.  Right now, we are in a release cycle.  This may take
two weeks or two months.  This should NOT take two years (almost the
time between Wine 1.0 and now.)  So, (and repeating) there is no
scheduled release date for Wine 1.2.   However,  if major regression
progress is made, it may be released in the shorter of the two time
periods I stated.

Now for your problem.  You will have to build from source, the release
that your program 'likes'.  However, I would also request that you
build, but do not install the 1.2-rc2 code and see if the program
'breaks'.  If it does, please, please, and please again, file a bug
report.  The reason is that we don't want to release Wine 1.2 with any
regressions or regressions we don't know about.

Thank you.

James McKenzie