[Wine] migrating windows applications by packing wine+app in a deb?

Gert van den Berg wine-users at mohag.net
Sun Jun 6 12:18:50 CDT 2010

On Sun, Jun 6, 2010 at 18:41, doh123 <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> I'm not a Linux expert.. but couldn't you bundle it up, and have scripts go to the right locations... much like I do with Wineskin (http://wineskin.doh123.com/) for OSX.  I have no problems with a single install of Wine and an app installed in it being moved from computer to computer with different user names working fine.... but this may be due to differences in OSX... I haven't seen anyone make something like that for Linux, but it seems like just symlinks and proper launch scripts would work fine.

Between distributions libraries often (used to?) differ, needing at
least a relink to work... (Within the same distribution, packages
ussually work fine...  And methods to get protable binaries exist...)

It shouldn't be affected by path, username, etc...

(On Picasa: it has a .wine under .google/picasa/3.0 with symlinks for
the Picasa EXEs (probably to save space). It seem to be using a
(potentially standard?) Wine 1.1.7)

Gert