[Wine] Wine + winebottler + azloader.exe + rs232 to usb adapter

anbes wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Jun 7 08:27:25 CDT 2010

Hello guys. I am new in mac world and in wine apps.
I have this singular situation:
I have a macbook with wine and winebottler installed.
I want to use this exe app: azloader.exe. Ok, wine is able to load it normally. But... the problem is, my macbook has not the RS-232 port. So I bought a RS-232 to USB adapter. I've installed the correct "drive" to use that. I've tried that in windows, and ok, the azloader was able to send data trhoutgh the "com 3 port" (that's where the driver rs232-usb is installed).
But my macbook couldn't. I believe that wine runs the azloader right, but it's not able to use thet rs232-usb mac's drive! I haven't installed the driver for windows with wine.
What to do? install the rs232-usb windows driver using wine?
what eles? install windows in bootcamp?
I've tried to "create" the azloader.app using winebottler, but it never ends the process.
What more can I do?
tks a lot