[Wine] Re: Trying to Get EMBIRD32 Working Under Wine

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Jun 7 09:15:02 CDT 2010

oldefoxx wrote:
> It is possible, I suppose, that someone else is emulating XP rather than 2000, and I could attempt the same, if I knew how to configure wine.  Every time I try to use Configure Wine, it goes off somewhere for awhile, then comes back,  and nothing has happened.

The default for Wine is to emulate XP. How did you change it to 2000 if you can't configure Wine?

If by "Configure Wine" you mean a menu item by that name, that's something installed by your distro's package, not Wine. Some Ubuntu users have reported problems with the menu links in recent packages.

Try running winecfg directly. Open a terminal and type

Code:
winecfg

That should bring up Wine's configuration tool. If it doesn't, post terminal output.