[Wine] Wine + winebottler + azloader.exe + rs232 to usb adapter

James Mckenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 7 16:05:57 CDT 2010

Gert van den Berg <wine-users at mohag.net>
>Sent: Jun 7, 2010 11:28 AM
>To: wine-users at winehq.org
>Subject: Re: [Wine] Wine + winebottler + azloader.exe + rs232 to usb adapter
>
>On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 20:10, anbes <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
>> Well, I think the only possibility is to install windows in my mac, isn't it?
>> I am not a programmer, so I don't have any idea how to "manipulate" these stuffs.
>> tks for all
>>
>HAve a look at Virtualbox... (Its much nicer than dual booting...)

+1.  However, you will need a fully licensed copy of Windows to complete the installation and it does take up space on your hard drive.

>Someone who knows Mac OS better might still come up with a nicer solution...

I've seen Parallels, VirtualBox and VMWare Fusion.  All are about the same, but VirtualBox is or should be free....

You might also want to take a look at the 'hack' USB patches as they may help your USB <-> serial product actually work.

James McKenzie