[Wine] fast WINE update distro recommendation needed

tparker at etherstorm.net tparker at etherstorm.net
Tue Jun 8 11:07:08 CDT 2010

I am getting ready to reinstall Linux and am looking for a distro with a
repository/package management system that stays very current with the WINE
builds. Does anyone use one they can recommend?

I am still learning and have tried to do my own builds to stay current with
WINE versions but the process is still beyond my skill level and has failed
horribly each time, so until I learn more I am stuck with whatever the latest
version in the distro repository is.

Last re-install I moved from Ubuntu to Fedora because I was told Fedora stayed
more current on software, but for WINE it has been consistently behind
(current repo version is still only 1.1.38). Since WINE is the only program I
am worried about staying current on I thought it would be good to ask for
recommendations. Thanks.