[Wine] half of my apps stopped working since wine 1.1 RC update...

psdt wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Jun 9 05:30:41 CDT 2010

Hi  8)

it's as the title says. many apps refuse to work anymore, among those I almost daily use on my Ubuntu are whereisit and bitrateviewer to name a few, those stopped working since I acknowledged upgrading to wine 1.1 RC (1, then 2, no change) when system suggested it

always the same error message if I launch them via terminal.
for instance whereisit gives me this now :

err:module:import_dll Library wsock32.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\whereisit\\WhereIsIt.exe") not found
err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"C:\\Program Files\\whereisit\\WhereIsIt.exe" failed, status c0000135

I presume it's just a config thing that needs to be fixed somewhere, but I need hints  [Wink]