[Wine] Re: nothing will work now

nww02 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Jun 9 10:27:26 CDT 2010

Since upgrading, I also installed PlayOnLinux, which upped Wine to 1.2.. Since then, I've been unable to run about 80% of my apps on Wine, whether newly installed, or previously installed.  Everything just seems to die with no error.

I downgraded back to Wine 1.0, and everything started working again.  I re-upgraded to Wine 1.2 without PlayOnLinux, and again, everything stopped working.

I wiped my .wine folder, and re-created everything, then re-installed some apps and games.. No joy, usually with no error, often with D3D errors, PixelFormat errors and so on.   Downgraded to Wine1.0 again, and everything starts working.

*shrugs*  It seems clear  to me that (as far as games are concerned) wine 1.2 just don't cut it yet.

What I have:
Ubuntu 10.04 LTS running on an HP Pavilion DV6330ea and an Acer business PC.