[Wine] Re: Additional files needed for Office2000 on Ubuntu 10.04?

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Jun 10 14:27:32 CDT 2010

Don't follow outside howtos; they quickly become outdated, are often just plain wrong, and are not supported here. Do check the AppDB:   http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=5124 AFAIK, no tweaks should be needed to install Office 2000.

> 2 How do I install Office 2000? Start Wine before I insert Office2000 CD in optical drive, correct?

No. Mount the cd first. Normally I'd tell you to just browse to the cd with your file manager and double click the setup.exe, but there seems to be some problem with the default settings in Ubuntu 10.04 that prevents that from working for some people. You can still try, but if that doesn't work, run the installer from a terminal following the directions here: http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#head-f3515230c198befe0279d32c448d9c8da63be66f