[Wine] QuickBooks

Andrew McKinnon goodolandy2001 at yahoo.ca
Fri Jun 11 07:40:15 CDT 2010

I have tried with the recent build release and the install hung near the
end at the "Starting Service" stage.  There is an account package which
a lot of Linux users seem to recommend, it's called GNU Cash but for
someone like you and I who are use to Quickbooks, the program can feel
overwhelming due to it's lack of a nice GUI interface.

Something you may want to do if you have a second PC or Laptop is do
what I am doing.  I have my laptop running Windows next to my linux
desktop.  I have Quickbooks installed on the Windows and GNU Cash on the
Linux this way I can still create my invoices and teach myself GNU Cash
at the same time rather than constantly rebooting between Windows and Linux.

Andrew