[Wine] Configure Wine to run only one application

James Mckenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Fri Jun 11 09:10:17 CDT 2010

Bonxie <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote at Jun 11, 2010 7:04 AM

>I persuaded my friends to convert to Linux, now they want Sketchup!
>They are the sort of people who would click on anything and I don't want them to get
>malware etc.
>
>Is there a way to make Wine run *only* Sketchup and nothing else?

No.  That is the simple answer.  The more complex answer is that, yes you can change the ownership of the .wine directory so that NOTHING can be added/deleted and then point the temporary file directory to somewhere else.  This is not as trivial as it seems and is best left as an exercise for the student.

>I did try searching for the answer but couldn't find one.

That is because we have discouraged this in the past, but if you read through the forum you will discover that past attempts have failed.

James McKenzie