[Wine] program in Wine doesnt see SATA solid state drive

Gert van den Berg wine-users at mohag.net
Sun Jun 13 10:14:48 CDT 2010

On Sun, Jun 13, 2010 at 15:36, patch <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> yeah thats cool, I dont mind bricking it, they will fix it if I send it in.

The problem is that you might end up bricking something else...

Have a look at http://forum.winehq.org/viewtopic.php?t=2996 it does
give it access to EVERYTHING though...

With that it MIGHT be able to access whatever is needed... (If
flashing is part of the SATA standard, virtualbox might work as well,
if you give it the entire drive... (And the emulated controller
supports passing it on..))

Most likely, some intermediate layer which won't work under Wine is
involved (such as a driver)

Gert