[Wine] WINE is ignoring locale settings

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Sun Jun 13 13:30:05 CDT 2010

dziki wrote:
> Even on plain WINEPREFIX I am unable to get Polish-specific chars to work.
> On unix (Arch x64) everytching works fine.
>
> Wine is setting wrong codepage in registry ( in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wine\Fonts\Codepages apears "1252,437" while it should be "1252,437")

I'm confused.  Looks like you have a cut-n-paste error.  What actually
is in your registry:  "1252" is the code page for English/C.  If that is
all that is appearing, something is not correct based upon what you
wrote here:
> [code]
>

> $ locale
> LANG=pl_PL.utf8
> LC_CTYPE="pl_PL.utf8"
> LC_NUMERIC="pl_PL.utf8"
> LC_TIME="pl_PL.utf8"
> LC_COLLATE="pl_PL.utf8"
> LC_MONETARY="pl_PL.utf8"
> LC_MESSAGES="pl_PL.utf8"
> LC_PAPER="pl_PL.utf8"
> LC_NAME="pl_PL.utf8"
> LC_ADDRESS="pl_PL.utf8"
> LC_TELEPHONE="pl_PL.utf8"
> LC_MEASUREMENT="pl_PL.utf8"
> LC_IDENTIFICATION="pl_PL.utf8"
> LC_ALL=
>
> [/code]
>

> Running
>

> Code:
>
> $ LC_ALL=pl_PL wine notepad.exe
>
> -- or --
> $ export LC_ALL=pl_PL
> $ export LANG=pl_PL
> $ wine notepad.exe

There is a way to force this, but since I'm on a Mac it does not work.
I actually have to change the codepage at the top of the screen for this
to work.

James McKenzie