[Wine] Re: Additional files needed for Office2000 on Ubuntu 10.04?

krisjames wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Jun 13 15:51:57 CDT 2010

dimesio, much thanks for your reply and advice.

I ended up running setup.exe from a terminal window, using instructions in your linked section 3.2 of the FAQ.

Worked perfectly!

And get this--When I first opened Word, there was an unexpected bonus:

"The Office Assistant couldn't be installed. Do you want to install it now?"

(For those unfamiliar w/Office Assistant: it's Word's animated happy-face paper-clip helper--irritating enough to induce behavioral changes in formerly non-violent people.)

I'll spare the details of my failed GUI install attempts, unless you guys are interested in another data point...

Thanks again!