[Wine] 1.0.1 download - aa strange problem

Frédéric Delanoy frederic.delanoy at gmail.com
Mon Jun 14 20:06:17 CDT 2010

On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 00:35, Silgrin4D <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> Having trouble with 1.2, tried to return to 1.0.1 (last stable acc. to the Wine page!) However, there`s... no link to it anywhere! Even in .deb repository there are any versions you could fancy- later and veen earlier - minus the stable. A rather strange idea...
> Where can I find 1.0.1 packages?!

Hi.

First of all, wine is in continuous development, and I won't say 1.0.1
is/was stable: it was just supposed to run well a number of specific
applications. I doubt it's better than 1.2rc, but YMMV.

If you had an application working well on 1.0.1 and stopped working in
1.2rc, you may as well file a regression bug (just make sure
beforehand that you've read the AppDB entry, checked if no similar bug
has been filed, ...). Trying with a new wineprefix might also help (backup
your .wine if necessary).

That said, if you really want to remove the 1.2 package, you should:
1. Uninstall wine1.2 package
2. Remove wine PPA as package repository & update your local packages
list (with "Reload" or similar).
3. Install wine package

Using the same wineprefix for 1.0 and 1.2 apps is not recommended, though...

Frédéric