[Wine] Dragon Age Flickering

Jenia wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Jun 18 10:08:58 CDT 2010

> If you see black screen flickering during the cutscenes and on the main screen, you will need to run winetricks strictdrawordering=enabled

Doing that only makes the flickering WORSE. Instead of the occasional flicker, I can barely see the game for flickering. If anything, it's BLACK SCREEN flickering into the game.
I tried making new wineprefixes several times with different configurations, installing more vcruns and such in each, but nothing works.

I'm running Wine 1.2rc3 on Ubuntu 10.04 (32 bit version) on an intel core2duo 2.3 GHz with 3.9 GB ram (actual ram is 4 GB but due to lack of a 64 bit version...) and my gfx card is GeForce 8600 GT.

Note that with strictdrawordering disabled flickering is still present, but not as crippling as when it's enabled.