[Wine] Keyboard focus in 'some' wine apps (games)

ngoonee wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Jun 18 23:38:26 CDT 2010

Hi,

I've noticed, now that I'm using twinview, that when I click any other window outside of the Wine desktop (Civ4 or WCIII normally), I can click back to the Wine desktop but can no longer use any of the keyboard shortcuts. Things work fine before actually clicking outside the wine window (for example, on my Pidgin chat window).

This happens whether the app is run in windowed mode or fullscreen. Another app (e-sword) works just fine, I can type into it, switch to another app, switch back, no problem.

The first time I click away from the wine desktop, it sort of flickers and goes black for a split second, but continues rendering the game fine, no crash or anything.

This happens with compiz or metacity equally, so is reasonably WM-agnostic. I've read in some really old forums/blogs that minimizing and maximizing the window should bring focus back, but doesn't work in my case with both games.