[Wine] mmdevapi:MMDevEnum_Create OpenAL support not compiled in

zuargo wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Jun 19 11:22:14 CDT 2010

Hello

I am trying out a game called Dark Void.

It works, installation, and gameplay but the sound does not.

When I run it I get the following message:

err:mmdevapi:MMDevEnum_Create OpenAL support not compiled in, application will not find sound devices

WINE has been compiled with the parameters or flags (don't know which is the correct word):

 ./configure --prefix=/usr \
              --sysconfdir=/etc \
	      --with-x

as you see, was not compiled using the flag: --without-openal

The openal package is installed on the system. Perhaps is a problem with this package.

I am on Archlinux ¡686 and I am usin wine 1.1.44

Please help me :?  :?