[Wine] Unable to load CM01/02 savefile in CMScout 2.00

Scar wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Jun 20 18:20:27 CDT 2010

Hi!

I recently got my hands on a free legal copy of Championship Manager 01/02 for Mac (link here (http://champman0102.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?4204-Official-Game-Patches-%28MAC%29) for those interested) and having played CM01/02 a lot on PC back in the days I got excited.

The game runs fine. The problem lies in a scout utility called CMScout I always use when playing CM01/02. Basically what this utility does is it loads save games and uses the information to easily find new players, check hidden attributes etc. This utility of course doesn't exist for Mac so I made some research and found Winebottler. Although being a complete newbie to Wine, I've managed to run the .exe and at first it seems to work fine.

What doesn't work is the loading of a saved game. I can locate the file but as soon as I load it CMScout seems to get stuck. It never gets past 0%, as seen below.

[Image: http://www.rockmyspace.info/image-upload/uploads/1/Screenshot_cmscout.png ]

I have no idea why and honestly I think it way beyond my knowledge of how Wine works (which is very limited). So I ask you guys, can you help me?

Here (http://data.fuskbugg.se/skalman01/cmscout_and_savefile.zip) you can download the utility and a save game I've just created so you can test for your self.

Winebottle version: 1.1.44
OS: Mac OS X, 10.6.3

Thank you!