[Wine] Re: Bad COmpany 2 + Wine

doh123 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Jun 20 22:35:24 CDT 2010

jchase520 wrote:
> I tried to run a BF2  with Wine from a terminal and got this
>

> Code:
>

> jared at jared-desktop:~$ wine /home/jared/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Electronic Arts/Battlefield Bad Company 2 / BFBC2Game.exe
> wine: cannot find '/home/jared/.wine/drive_c/Program'

yeah... cuz you have to know how to use spaces in terminal.  it thinks a space means thats the end of something and something else starts.  To get a real space read you need to tell it its a real space... which means a escape character before it  \

wine /home/jared/.wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/Electronic\ Arts/Battlefield\ Bad\ Company\ 2/BFBC2Game.exe

or... I guess on my linux distros you should be able to quote it...
wine "/home/jared/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Electronic Arts/Battlefield Bad Company 2/BFBC2Game.exe"

anyways... you'd be better off changing directory into the actual folder then just doing... wine BFBCSGame.exe