[Wine] Free NaturalReader 9.0 text-to-speech software won't work.

Vincent Povirk madewokherd at gmail.com
Sun Jun 20 23:45:18 CDT 2010

On Linux, you'll want something that uses AT-SPI, which most modern
Linux GUI applications support.

Orca seems to be the common one for GNOME, at least:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orca_%28assistive_technology%29

I haven't tried Orca so I can't say how well it works.

Unfortunately, Wine does not currently bridge any Assistive Technology
APIs in either direction. That means Windows applications running in
Wine will not work with Orca, and native Linux applications will not
work with a Windows screen reader. I'm not aware of any technical
reason why we couldn't do this, there just hasn't been a demand or
drive for it.