[Wine] Re: Troubles patching Anarchy Online

apocolypse600 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Jun 21 05:00:34 CDT 2010

I managed to get Anarchy Online working a couple of days ago. I had a full, up-to-date client to test with though, so I don't actually know if the patching will work, I'll have to wait for an update to test it.

I tried to stick to this guide: http://forums.anarchy-online.com/showthread.php?t=557615 (Only difference is installing IE6 via winetricks rather than IES4Linux). Although I just copied my up-to-date files across rather than actually installing it, so I can't help in that department.

Is the patcher rendering correctly? Do you get the actual text and background of the frame in the patcher all loaded? My patcher looks like it used to under Windows, apart from the buttons look a little strange. Before I got IE6 working, there was white boxes in the frame of the patcher.