[Wine] Re: Executing bat file in Wine from bash shell

doh123 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Jun 24 15:30:36 CDT 2010

Rezmason wrote:
> Wait, I suppose I don't technically need to run cmd! Just as long as there's some way to pass arguments to an exe from the command line:
>

> Code:
> wine ./path/to.exe -args="$arg1 $arg2"

you can pass args along just fine...

usually you want to cd into the folder, many programs like you running them from in the folder not just giving the path to them... but most current programs will work either way.

how to pass command line arguments... here is an example using Wine's notepad

wine notepad textfile.txt

will open notepad and pass it the argument to make a new text file called textfile.txt...

as long as the exe knows how to handle the arguments you just stick them on there, no special flags or anything needed.