[Wine] patch installed wine

syron wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Jun 25 03:40:23 CDT 2010

Hey guys,

I'm pretty new to this stuff, like wine and linux, I'm actually running Ubuntu 10.04 on my machine and I'm wondering, since I love the game League of legends, if there is a possibility to patch an existing installation of wine.

I found this link: http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=19141

where it says, that I have to patch 2 files and then compile wine. Well... I don't really know much about it. What do I have to do to make it patch my existing wine installation or do I really have to uninstall wine, install all the necessary packages and then compile wine?