[Wine] Re: Wine + "any program" = no sound in one of them

VelvetKLeopard wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Jun 28 17:16:11 CDT 2010

> http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#head-6ff921eb7a2dd15107ff48d792283ff984179401
>
> Unless you're using a sound card with an emu10k1/2 chipset (SB Live!/Audigy) or another type of card that supports "hardware mixing" then you can only ever have one application using sound at the same time.

Bull.  I am using the exact same hardware setup as my Ubuntu 8.04 version and I was able to run Wine as well as any number of other sound applications all at the same time just fine without any outside plugins or libraries.  And that is with the on board sound capabilities.

I would rather stick with the stable version if I can.  I know it should work cause that is the version I have used before.

Yes, I can run many sound apps all at the same time.  I regularly run VLC, web based apps, and other games and apps that use sound all at the same time.

I am not sure how to run Wine from the console.  I never had to before in order to run my programs.  Also, I do not know how to get logs.