[Wine] Re: minimized application in WINE but can't find it again

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Jun 30 08:31:27 CDT 2010

Darothane wrote:
> hi
>
> I'm running Ubuntu 10.04 LTS and using the latest version of WINE (downloaded yesterday)
>
> I am currently running a downloader/installer in WINE and i minimized it accidentally and now i can't find it to restore it, it's not a huge issue as i'm sure the downloader/installer is still running but i would like to know how far the progress on it is...
>
> I'm running WINE in a Virtual Desktop but i can't see anything other than the blue 'wallpaper'
>
> any help would be appreciated :)

Exactly what version of Wine? Just because you downloaded it yesterday doesn't mean it's the latest.

If you minimized the app in a virtual desktop, there should be an icon for  it in the lower left corner of the Wine desktop. Wineserver is still running if you can see the virtual desktop, but the app might not be. Check your running processes.