[Wine] Re: Wine 1.2rc5 World of Warcraft crash

ThomasLocke wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Jun 30 15:29:31 CDT 2010

James Mckenzie wrote:

> There have been issues with the lastest/greatest nVidia Linux video drivers.

The game has worked perfectly with these drivers, up until the WoW patch today.

James Mckenzie wrote:

> Can you backlevel your nVidia drivers to 195.25 or so?
>
> This has been reported by many people and that was the fix they had to apply.

As far as I can see on the Nvidia website, the latest official driver is 256.35 and the oldest archived driver I can find is 195.36.15. I can't find any 195.25 drivers - granted, I'm not very experienced at this, so I might be looking in all the wrong places.

I don't mind going back to an earlier driver, if only I could find one!  :)