[Wine] Re: Documents do not open when icon is clicked - Ubuntu 9.10

Jonners59 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Mar 1 14:04:33 CST 2010

[/quote]Have you configured Nautilus (the Gnome equivalent of Windows Explorer)
to run Word in Wine when you click the document icon?

Right click on the document, select 'Open with Other Application' and
use 'Use a Custom Command' and write the command needed to start Word in
the box, e.g. something like

wine "C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Office\\word.exe"

Nautilus will append the file name when it starts Word. Disclaimer: I've
tested this using OpenOffice, not Word because I don't have Word
installed.

Martin[/quote]
Hi Martin
I'll give that a go tomorrow.

You should look at 2007 or the new 2010...  Mind you, the true value comes from an integrated UC installation, but they are far more powerful and advanced than anything else at present.  I hate to say.  I'd love to get fully away from Windows apps