[Wine] Re: Never had an app work in WINE

atalaras wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Mar 1 17:23:47 CST 2010

one of the programmers, I believe, is funded by Red Hat. I would not be averse to them placing advertising on their pages to raise revenue if it meant a better product. I am willing to make a donation of what i can afford. Even if every Wine user donated $5 it might raise some serious money. But then again, there are not many wine users i suspect, as it doesnt run most applications. Many of these apps are free, such as Firefox, and could be used as a part of a test suite to track down API problems. By fixing applications, even smaller or lesser used ones, the overall compatability is improved, so i wont complain about the games being fixed, but, they need to devote time to Firefox and applications in other domains, rather than being completely obsessed with just a few games, the test suute needs to be broad.  Just the developers running a bunch of free stuff, like Gimp, Firefox, OpenOffice, Pidgin, Adobe Reader, Shockwave, Flash, Google products, AOL main online service client, AIM, paint.net,. etc, they would hit hundreds of bugs that would bring wine a ligh year ahead.