[Wine] Documents do not open when icon is clicked - Ubuntu 9.10

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 1 21:24:02 CST 2010

Jonners59 wrote:
> Oh, I have no allegiances.  I love trying all the different offerings.  There are lots of funky tools and capabilities in the MS Office 07 and 10, sadly WINE can't work them.

Wine can install Office 2007.  However, some of us decided a long time
ago that the folks in Redmond would not get anymore money from us and
running prirated software is not good for our financial health (here in
the United States it can and has cost USD 50K per license violation).
Office 2010 will have a restrictive EULA that will be enforceable in the
United States and the EU, since there are alternatives to their product.

James McKenzie