[Wine] How to install C&C: Tiberium Dawn in Ubuntu Karmic

martizzle wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Mar 2 09:09:17 CST 2010

Hi,
I am currently using a hp mini, and my wine version is 1.0.0. I am trying to install Command and Conquer: Tiberium Dawn from the official website, and run it on ubuntu karmic using wine.  When I tried it last night, I ran into the installation error: "Unable to locate necessary files. Please run setup.exe from the CD-ROM disc".  Apparently others have run into this error, as it is posted on this page: http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=246

Can someone please direct me on how to configure wine (i.e do I need a virtual desktop, if yes, what size?), and install the game?
--
The game is on the official website: http://www.commandandconquer.com/classic and the instructions for installations are on this page: http://www.cncworld.org/?page=features/tutorials/tdfree (the second page is actually a link on the official website, in the section: 'COMMAND & CONQUER: TIBERIUM DAWN'.

Here are my system specs (dont know if its needed, but just incase):
HP Mini 110 with Mi
•  HP Mobile internet (Mi) software built on Linux
•  Intel(R) Atom(TM) Processor N270 (1.60GHz, 512KB L2, 533Mhz FSB)
•  2GB DDR2 System Memory (1 Dimm)
•  160GB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive
•  Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator 950 with a 5-in-1 Digital Media slot
•  10.1" diagonal SD LED Anti-glare Widescreen Display (1024 x 576)
•  HP Mini Webcam with HP Imprint Finish (Swirl)
•  Wireless-G Card
--
Please help :)
thnx