[Wine] Never had an app work in WINE

Scott drmemory at 3rivers.net
Tue Mar 2 12:55:38 CST 2010

On Mon, Mar 01, 2010 at 07:25:58PM -0600, jorl17 wrote:
> Solution 2:
>
> Ask people in the forums. Required to do something to help.

Did, received only the reply that "I am probably the only one trying
to run that app".

> Run a regression test. It isn't hard at all. Report info,
> collaborate as requested and test possible fixes.

How about pointing me to a link that tells me what a regression test
is and how to go about running one? As I said, I'm completely new to
wine, and have limited time. I am *not* as you imply, unwilling to try
to investigate the problem, I just need a hint or two on how to proceed.

> Find a bug? Good! Report it -- it's the *least* you could do.

I did. Described as best I could what was happening. No response.

> You seem to think that everyone must be at your disposal, to fix
> things, answer you and comply with your definition of
> collaboration. Well, why should they? Do you comply with THEIR
> definition of collaboration? One which has been considered correct
> many times and used in many other projects? Does that mean that your
> solution is better than theirs? I don't think so.

I posted here for help, not to be insulted.

scott.