[Wine] Never had an app work in WINE

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Tue Mar 2 13:02:56 CST 2010

On 2 March 2010 18:55, Scott <drmemory at 3rivers.net> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 01, 2010 at 07:25:58PM -0600, jorl17 wrote:

>> Run a regression test. It isn't hard at all. Report info,
>> collaborate as requested and test possible fixes.

> How about pointing me to a link that tells me what a regression test
> is and how to go about running one? As I said, I'm completely new to
> wine, and have limited time. I am *not* as you imply, unwilling to try
> to investigate the problem, I just need a hint or two on how to proceed.

Top of the forum is the FAQ post. Links to here:

http://wiki.winehq.org/ForumGuidelines

In there it says to read the FAQ, in which question 8.3 answers
precisely what you've asked:

http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#head-fd8633fd03252fcf76c252a853d689ab0b440af1

I hope this makes the evidence for the presumption that you weren't
willing to do anything a bit clearer.

- d.