[Wine] Re: Working in Office Live Workspace

Jonners59 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Mar 3 15:08:56 CST 2010

jorl17 wrote:
> Try posting console output of when you try to download, or describe the problem in greater detail for those of us who do not know/use that service.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Jorl17

OK.  I do not know how to do the "console" output...  Please explain and I will try and endevour to comply.

However, the enclosed screen shots may help.
The first is "Firefox".  This shows the Windows requirements to make this service work.  It is an access failer warning, but as stated it does show requirements. - no other reason to include this screen shot.

Second.  If I use IE 7 then I can view a document within IE 7 window as per enclosed screen shot "View a Document".

Third and fourth.  Shows saving a document.  The screen shot "Load" shows the save applet drop down menu being selected, and "Load 1" shows the upload taking place.  These show this works fine.

Fith.  Shows SAVING a document.  Firstly there should be an "Edit" icon next to the Save As icon at top right.  Normally clicking the "Edit icon brings down the file which can then be edited, and then either click the normal save button in the ap of close the document and it loads back in to Workspace.  OK, that's not there, so if I Saved the file on my Laptop/PC then I could edit and re-load.  So trying that there is an error.  See screen shot "Saving a Doc".  As it downloads, it stops with an error message "Do you want to cancel your file download?".  Also note the strange file name in the other window...

That's about as much as I can give.  Unless you try yourself.  The service is really good and is free.  Just enter an eMail address and create a password.  So can easily be tested.  This is Windows Sharepoint, I believe.