[Wine] Making config.sys available to Quicken

Steven Lewis slewis at u.washington.edu
Thu Mar 4 14:06:57 CST 2010

  Hi, I am trying to install Quicken under wine.  I am able to start the setup.exe file on
the Quicken installation CD.  I get a message informing me that I need to increase the
FILES and BUFFERS settings in my config.sys file.  I am able to create a config.sys file
with settings for FILES and BUFFERS set as indicated by Quicken.  However when I try to
install Quicken, it looks like the config.sys file cannot be found by wine.  What do I
need to do so that wine will refer to my config.sys file?

  Thanks very much,

Steven M. Lewis                 email: slewis at u.washington.edu
Padelford C-308
University of Washington        voice: (206) 543-0711
Department of Statistics        fax:   (206) 685-7419
Box 354322
Seattle, WA  98195-4322
USA