[Wine] Re: Never had an app work in WINE

ttsec wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Mar 4 15:16:24 CST 2010

CasperTFG wrote:
> I'll try to update the driver, but I really don't see what the driver could possibly have to do with DirectX errors.  It's looking for and cannot find DirectX 7 or higher.

Try http://wiki.winehq.org/winetricks

I could also be a problem with your wine installation.  Are you compiling from source or using a binary?  If using a binary, are you using the one distributed by your Linux distribution (preferred)?  Try running wine from a LiveCD and see it it works, if so, at lease you can rule out a hardware failure (i.e. video card is giving up the fight).