[Wine] Never had an app work in WINE

Scott drmemory at 3rivers.net
Thu Mar 4 16:14:16 CST 2010

On Thu, Mar 04, 2010 at 09:57:48PM +0000, David Gerard wrote:
> On 4 March 2010 21:51, Scott <drmemory at 3rivers.net> wrote:
>
> > So I guess I need to brush up on my C..... I'll get back to you in a
> > couple of years. Thanks for the help and encouragement.
>

> Sadly, welcome to open source - if someone wants something, they often
> have to write it ...
>
> Providing as much detail about a failing app as possible in a bug
> report can be useful, though. It might be something simple, it mihgt
> be something huge.

Okay, well, where do I begin? I already told what I observed; that the
app starts up, allows me to select a client to work on, lets me go in
to one tax form, make changes (which *are* saved to the master file
residing on the server) and then just freezes up. Is there some sort
of error log somewhere which I need to send along? How can I know what
is happening under the hood? It is frustrating that the app is so
close to actually working; if it were just crashing and burning at the
outset, I'd just walk away gnashing my teeth and cursing Bill Gates.

scott.