[Wine] Re: Performing a Regression Test

zac wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Mar 4 21:05:42 CST 2010

So, I ran this command:

CC="ccache gcc" ./configure --verbose && make depend && make

Then this long complicated process started with a lot of terminal output. Then it finished.

Is that it? Is so called 'compiling' over?? I suppose not!

I'm struggling with this, and cannot move on. I was reading the README document at /wine-git, and that's why I decided to run make uninstall, and then make install. But I just don't know what is this that I'm doing. The wiki guide says this is not a good idea, while the README file says I should do it... Or maybe I misunderstood it all! [Shocked]

What is 'mv ~/.wine ~/.wine-backup'

Why is it the next step at http://wiki.winehq.org/RegressionTesting?

Do I need to uninstall my older version of wine?

Please help...