[Wine] Re: Never had an app work in WINE

ttsec wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Mar 5 14:36:29 CST 2010

atalaras wrote:
> Actually, that is incorrect. I have used native Linux Firefox and have actually had many problems, particularly flash, and as well, the native one actually tends to be more difficult to update (due to dependancy hell). I have found that installing windows firefox is far easier, and the updates are automated, and flash works well. Linux firefox seems can do none of these things. When Firefox on Wine did work it was better than any Linux firefox i had used.

Are you using 32-bit or 64-bit Firefox?  If 64-bit Firefox, are you using Flash greater than or less than version 10 (64-bit Flash is unsupported before version 10)?  If you are using 32-bit Firefox or Flash but have a 64-bit libraries, you will also need additional compatibility libraries.  Anyways, most mainstream modern distributions take care of all this stuff for you, including automatic updates.